Have you heard of Happy Feat?
We’re thrilled to introduce our amazing dance group for people with special needs and ‘differing’ abilities.
Happy Feat Inc is a place where these incredible individuals can truly shine and show how extraordinary they are. They can just forget their disability because we highlight their ‘ability’ instead.
“Their love of dance, music and simply their love of life is truly contagious”– happyfeat.com.au
Happy Feat Inc dancers range in age from 16 years old to 66 years young and have been wowing audiences wherever they go. This inspiring dance group are in demand and receive endless requests to perform at community events.
Just some of the performances:
- With Guy Sebastian at his Townsville concert -standing ovation
- With Marcia Hines at the Opening Ceremony of the Special Olympic Games in Newcastle
- Special Flashmob project with ‘Dance North’ and 250 students
- Carols by Candlelight 2012/2014 – standing ovation
- Inclusive Communities Festival 2010-2014
- Cowboy’s Home Game
- Queensland Tourism’s “Million Dollar Memo” receiving over 5000 votes.
- Premier’s Qld Disaster Appeal Concert- (the only act to receive a standing ovation)
For the performance at the opening ceremony of the Special Olympic Games, we took 35 Happy Featers, their carers, volunteers and a film crew (nearly 70 people) to Newcastle for a four day adventure of a lifetime! The film crew has just produced a very inspirational Happy Feat Documentary on this whole exciting journey and it’s receiving rave reviews.
So that the film crew could capture the Happy Feat performance first hand, they too became performers and had GoPro cameras strapped to their bodies! The footage and magic moments they were able to capture was outstanding.
This inspirational Happy Feat Documentary will be launched at a very special event on Saturday 4th July to also celebrate the Happy Feat 5th Birthday. Do yourselves, your family and friends a favour and book your tickets…then get ready for a night to remember!
This article was submitted to Townsville Women by Happy Feat Inc. If you have a story to share please email it to email@example.com